****ing Scooter Riders

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sceptic Al, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Today I had to travel to Kendal. Marginal weather or so I thought, wrong choice, should have taken the car as it turned out. On the way back I decided to go up the A6 over Shap to Penrith instead of retracing my route through the Lakes due to the skies beginning to look even more doubtful. Whilst stopped for a brew a very nice looking late 1960's Lambretta went past coughing and spitting a bit, but not knowing how they normally sound I didn't give it a second thought. Back on the road and a few miles further my nose was assaulted by the smell of hot metal and an oily streak appeared on the tarmac. Ease off the revs, watch the road, keep away from the slick etc. Just round the next bend, same Lambretta stopped on the road side with rider looking a bit un-chuffed to say the least, so, like a Good Samaritan I pull up and ask if he needs any help. The response "what the ***k's it got to do with you!!!" was not exactly what I expected from a gentleman of similar age to myself. "Fair enough" said I and so left the left the 'sock cooker' miles from nowhere with no mobile signal, in the worsening weather, and a longish walk to the nearest civilisation. I fully appreciate that he was just 'slightly miffed' that his Italian two stoke pride and joy was a bit broke he didn't need to be such an ignorant t*** and could have said "it's ok mate" or something similar. Nuf said, no more Good Samaritan unless of course its a fellow biker in dire straits.:mad::mad::mad:

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well maybe he will learn to keep hold of his temper, the next time he breaks down and someone offers help.

I've no patience with peeps who can't see other peeps well-meaning actions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Sock cooker? Is that a little like Billy Sastard, who's a bit of a flow sucker and come from a back ground of dum and mad?

4. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    What an idiot...serves him right if he was stuck out there for ages! That's what I like most about bikers...there always looking out for each other!

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    What a twat - hope it rained hard!

6. DaveTheSuperVillain

DaveTheSuperVillain Active Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Takeley, Essex
  7. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    heh heh heh nobody stops when I break down on my little 125 HD. 5 miles from Olivers Mount on race day, it was amusing how they all seemed to need to look the opposite way. Maybe because it was raining;)

8. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

That's it, got it one.

9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    We can all hope he got a lightning strike up his ar**. Should have got a proper licence and a real bike.

10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Poor sod .. It's about to rain and his hairdryer won't work.....

• Like Like x 1