I Got My Son’s 2007 American Trying To Learn Little About It Because I Think I’ll Keep It

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Hitechluddite, May 29, 2024.

1. Hitechluddite

Hitechluddite New Member

May 29, 2024
    Columbia, Ky
    Put about 700 miles on this thing so far. I’m really impressed with it. I had an 883 sportster before put 100,000 miles on it decided it was time to get rid of it. I was looking for something that is big enough not to fatigue me on a 200+ mile day but easy for an old geezer that weighs 150 pounds to handle. I think this one will fit the bill. It looks like it has Vance and Hines straight pipes on it. I was able to find the stock exhaust and mount, but it makes the thing sound like my old Honda Goldwing so I’m looking for something in between the two if there’s any slip on canisters or baffles that can go on the Vance Street pipes that would be nice. I would like to put saddlebags on it. There’s no local shops here anymore that sell aftermarket stuff and I don’t want to just wing it on eBay, I want something that has rails so they can be tied down really tight and keep them from sliding around. Might put a windshield on it if I see something I like, but really, the wind is nothing on this compared to the 883.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MICK LEONARD

MICK LEONARD Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    SOUTH COAST UK
    Welcome from the south coast. Can't help you with the bags, I took mine off as I prefer it "oh natural" as they say. Go on the Facebook page "Triumph and America cruisers club" you'll get chapter and verse on all that stuff. Good luck mate.

3. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum!;) Enjoy your bike!:party:

4. Limey Rider

Limey Rider New Member

Jun 20, 2023
    Hartford Wisconsin
    Welcome to the Forum,
    Your going to love this bike, I put about 10 to 12 k a year on mine and it doesn't ware me out on long hauls. As far as the Bags go, I went to Viking and they make them to fit and look like stock bags and come with permanent and throw over mounting. I went with permanent and they are great. Enjoy the ride brother and let me know how it works out for you.

• Like Like x 1