Hi from Winnipeg,Canada

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Fatmanonabike, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Fatmanonabike

Fatmanonabike New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Winnipeg,canada
    Just like to say hi.

Just bought my first triumph a week or so ago. Non starter but I suspected sprag, guess the previous owner dint know or want to pay a shop. Anyway with input from this site and others I eliminated other suspects and spent the $500 cdn and change for the sprag kit. That, new plugs, starter wire mod fresh gas started 2nd try.

Just waiting for snow to melt here then get her on the road. Have to say I a newer rider only 3yrs or so but I love this bike already, gots the looks anyway.

We'll thanks for the help and I will be around if I can help out anyone.:smile:

All I have is the pic from the day I picked it up. image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paulie

Paulie Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Welcome to the Triumph forum, Fatmanonabike! Wish you lots of fun & safe miles on your Sprint ST 1050! :upyeah: I rode a Sprint ST 955i (2004) for some years and really loved it!

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Welcome to the forum ,good luck with sorting the new bike :upyeah:

4. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum

5. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I take it that it is still fairly cold in Windypeg then. plenty of space over your way for some long trips.

6. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome

7. Fatmanonabike

Fatmanonabike New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Winnipeg,canada
    Warming up now but cold long winter, late spring. They say coldest winter since 1880 or something. Been average -23 all winter. Almost went for a ride today but chickened out. Saw one bike, he must have been freezing. Lots of ice on the road still be minus 10 or so in the morning still. Shoveled about three feet of snow of my deck, will be warm enough to sit outside soon but snow will be around a while.

8. T-Bird Rob

T-Bird Rob Member

Apr 30, 2014
    So the crappy weather we've been getting all winter in the east is coming from Winnipeg. Still cold here in Ottawa but the ice is gone and the gravel on the corners is getting washed away with all the rain so the Triumph has finally hit the roads.