Hi from Fife

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Blue Flame, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Hi there,

My my it's nice and clean and shiny in here. :smile:

A brand new Triumph owner here. Picked my Sprint GT up on Friday and have had to stop riding as I have hit 500 miles and my first service is not till the 15th :frown:.

Am loving the new bike so far. I upgraded from a suzie SV650S which I had for 9 years.

Anyways.. I hope to pick up lots of tips from you guys over the coming months. In the meantime here is a picture of my bike.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Nice bike and great choice, welcome to the forum :upyeah:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi and welcome to the forum, great looking machine you have there, can not go far wrong with a 1050 Triple: great engines. Looks like you are set up to do some touring. As far as the 500 miles are concerned, think you will find a bit of flexibility as far as miles are concerned have a word with your dealer but I suspect a couple of hundred more miles prior to service will not matter.

4. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I don't think I will be able to resist the temptation to add a couple of more miles onto the speedo before it's service (although the current weather forecast probably means that I won't do much at all).

As far as the touring is concerned.... well curious you should mention that. :wink:

Early in May I am heading down to Portsmouth and over to Santander for a week's pottering around in Northern Spain. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Nice. :upyeah: I hope you enjoy. Some spectacular scenery up that way. I especially like the A86 from Spean Bridge up towards Aviemore. it's a lovely road with long sweeping bends and some lovely views...

If it's near the end of May it will be sunny and warm cos I put an order in for good weather for 31st May for a weekend that a bunch of us are having up in Fort Augustus

• Like Like x 2
  7. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Congratulations on your new bike & thanks for sharing the pictures