(help) Oil Leak, Spark Plug Arcing, Lost Power, Mil P0151

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Chopchopth, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Chopchopth

Chopchopth New Member

Oct 28, 2023
    CT USA
    Hi All,
    I have a 2016 T120; owned since new. Everything is good up until this past week. Bike was left in garage for a year; only turn on very other months or so for a few minutes. I took the bike out for a ride this past week. The first half an hour or so, it felt normal. Then started experiencing lack of throttle response. Came to a stop and idle rpm start drifting off. Had to up the throttle slightly or engine would shut off. I didn't think too much of it thinking running on old fuel and i had a weak batter. Over the next couple of days, I replaced the battery and swapped out with new fuel (93 <-not sure if this matters). Went for a ride yesterday. As soon as i turned it on notice the right-side spark plug is arcing continuously. Rode the bike on highway for about half an hour. Immediately noticed hard time getting up to highway speed. Came home and noticed there's leak (perhaps oil) at the interface connection between the exhaust pipe and the engine. I ran the OBD2 scanner and got P0151 code. At this point i started to worry a bit, but waited until this morning (US EST) to fire the bike back up. Had to give it some gas to get to the typical idle rpm (~1K). Engine sound very off; at certain time almost like there's a "thud" sound.

So i'm freaking out at this point. Not sure what i can do to diagnose further. Did one of the cylinders blew?
    Hoping you can provide some thought/feedback before I take it to the dealership.

Thanks in advance.
    -Thien

2. bruno_c

bruno_c New Member

Oct 19, 2018
    France
    I suggest you fix the plug arcing first. It should be easy and maybe it will solve all the issues you have.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    An arcing HT lead/plug cap should be relatively easy to fix.
    Code P0151 is an O2 sensor fault which is entirely possible on a cylinder that is misfiring.

• Agree Agree x 1