Hello From Ne Ohio

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by FezUSA, Oct 4, 2023.

1. FezUSA

FezUSA Member

Sep 1, 2023
    OH, USA
    Have been perusing the forum for about a month now while looking at the Tiger Sport 660 to replace my '16 Honda NC700X DCT that was written off after a cage driver didn't wait his turn at a 4-way stop junction. Thankfully I hobbled away from that with only a months worth of a swollen and bruised foot/ankle. All the gear, all the time for the win. Was only a mile or two from home on my way to work, through a junction I've gone through twice a day for 10 years.

I'm originally from Lincolnshire, uni at Newcastle, then moved to the Philadelphia (US) area after graduating, then to Ohio about 15 years ago! Started riding to work on a Honda PCX 150 for a few years when fuel was $5+/gallon and I needed 2 gallons to get to work and back! After 2 years determining how many riding days a year I could do, I stepped up to the NC700X. Easy change with it being an automatic dual clutch transmission. Auto mode was ok, the 3 sport modes were better, but manual was where I lived after a while. Being able to change up/down at the touch of a button with a millisecond change that was smooth as silk was incredible. No stalling, ever. No holding a clutch lever at stops/lights etc. Really was an easy bike to learn to ride on!!

Anyway, after a test ride on the 660 I pulled the trigger on this beauty and have been enjoying getting to know her. Look forward to finishing the break-in period! It has been quite a change going from a DCT that redlined at 6500 and liked to be at 3000 revs!! I've found that I've missed 3 > 4 and 4 > 5 a few times, thinking it might be low rev related? I do find that now I'm over 300 miles and the flashing rev isn't appearing until 6000 (I think), that the gear changes at higher revs seem much easier/smoother. I just have to get used to that higher pitch and not thinking it's time to change already!!

Look forward to enjoying this forum!

PS, any other Tiger Sport 660 owners out there that have info on an electrical schematic/drawing or can point me in the right direction for tapping into rear running, brake, turn indicators for a US model; would be greatly appreciated. I believe the EU spec is different due to you having dedicated rear amber indicators where the US models have rear red indicator pods that also double as brake lights.

Day of pick-up:
    upload_2023-10-4_10-16-5.png

upload_2023-10-4_10-16-36.png

After a test ride at another dealership that only had the grey, I stopped by this on to check on the other colours. Blue called my name and once outside in the sunlight it was a done deal!
    upload_2023-10-4_10-17-49.png

upload_2023-10-4_10-19-2.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome from another 660 tiger owner. Love the bikeā€¦.,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber