Headlight Idea: 23 Speed Twin 900

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mr_Colton, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Mr_Colton

Mr_Colton New Member

Sep 7, 2023
    Spokane, WA
    Hey guys, first post on the forum so I hope this is the right spot. I am the proud new owner of a 2023 Speed Twin in the matte ironstone colorway (first bike). I have a list of modifications planned for it but the one thing that is not my style is the headlight. I have seen the JW offerings but am not 100% sold on the idea. While walking the dealership today, I saw the Trident 660 has a beautiful LED headlight. It has great styling and is a little bit slimmer to fit the overall aesthetic I am trying to obtain.

Being new to Triumph, I am wondering if there are any sensors or wires that might cause a dash light if I were to fabricate a bracket to fit the light. I have researched companies like Thorton Hundred who have put the Bobber headlight on speed twin models. Will this idea work? Has it been done?

Thanks for your time, I am excited to hear your feedback.

2. jackyma09

jackyma09 Member

Aug 10, 2023
    New York, USA
    Hey, Congrats on your new Speed Twin, that's awesome. While I'm not sure about the specific modifications you mentioned, it's always a good idea to consult with a professional or the dealership to make sure any changes won't cause any issues with sensors or dash lights. They'll have the expertise to guide you. Good luck with your customization journey.

3. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
  4. jackyma09

jackyma09 Member

Aug 10, 2023
    New York, USA
    That sounds like an interesting headlight idea! The 23 Speed Twin 900 is a cool bike.