Hanging Idle

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MJA, Oct 18, 2024 at 4:14 AM.

1. MJA

MJA New Member

May 26, 2023
    Preston
    Hi everyone

I’m having a problem with my triumph street scrambler 2021 model

I can’t ride comfortably at slow speeds say in town etc.

The problem is that when you release the throttle the revs only drop to around 1450 which makes a run on. As soon as you pull the clutch in the revs drop to normal around 1100. I’ve taken it to youles triumph who said it’s normal. I’ve taken it to a mechanic who said nothing is showing up on the computer. It’s so annoying I could even take my hand off the throttle in 2 nd gear and it rides like cruise control. I want the Revs to drop to an acceptable level whether it’s in gear or not. That’s how all my bikes have worked over the years. I might have to sell it if o can’t fix it.Anyone else have the same problem cheers MJ

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @MJA I can't see why someone can't drop the revs for you. Surely easy enough to do. Have you insisted to them that you want lower revs

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    That's not normal IMO. I've had a 2020 and a 2022 SS and neither of them did that. I'm pretty sure the idle is controlled by the ECU and is not manually adjustable. I used Dealertool for servicing and "Target Idle Speed" is displayed on one of the functions but I can't remember if it's actually adjustable. I would imagine the diagnostics that dealers use will have the option to adjust the speed.