Hand Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jako999, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Jako999

Jako999 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    Hi all I have a 900 Scrambler and for some unknown reason the rubber handle bar grip on the clutch side keeps sliding in till the controls stop it. I don’t know why it moves it’s hard enough to pull it back, I don’t want to glue it on, I’ve tried some tape on the bar but it still slides. There must be others with this problem so what have you done to stop it.
    Thanks Martin

2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Why don't you want to glue it on? You can buy grip glue which is not permanent, as superglue is, and this is the normal way to fit the grips, I know some use the wfes hairspray too. Brake cleaner spray can work too by making the rubber stickier, also makes fitting the rubbers easier.

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I changed the grips on my SS for Triumph Barrel grips and the originals were a very tight fit and took some getting off!
    Take your grips off, clean the bar and the inside of the grip with brake cleaner then refit them. They will always be easier to push on than pull off. An old trick I've used years ago with grips is spray the inside of the grip with hair lacquer which acts like a lube to get them on and like glue when it dries.