Greetings From Florida

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by MrRound, Jun 21, 2024.

1. MrRound

MrRound New Member

Jun 21, 2024
    Florida
    Hello all I would like to Introduce Reba II.

I will go ahead and just lay it out, I am 40 years old and going through a divorce. I have always wanted a "big boy bike," been a SuperCub and Scooter guy for awhile. I love the Triumph styling and this 2013 Bonneville just made me fall in love.

I am still super new to this world so I don't fully understand everything. My understanding is that his bike has quite a bit of extras on it, the seat for example is supposedly a custom seat that matches classic styling.

In addition to that, this bike was allegedly owned and customized by Norman Reedus, picture attached. Is there any way for me to like REALLY confirm this?

I am very excited to finally own my own Triumph and can't wait to build up the confidence to wind her out like I do my smaller bikes.

reba.jpg

PXL_20240619_191036438.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy MrRound :cool: send him a picture on social media and ask him ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:. Whilst I bought my used Tiger from a main dealer I got in touch with the previous owner. Just to determine their reason for selling and did it have any issue that i should know about (and theoretically to take up with the dealer for resolution before the warranty expired). As it was there were no concerns and he was sorry to have sold it but had wanted something younger and with larger luggage. He got a newer tiger with the explorer luggage but says the seat on his new bike gives him a numb bum after 2 hours that he never suffered on the one he sold.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome,….

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Welcome to the family. Good intro and great picture of a fab bike.

7. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Greetings from Lincolnshire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rob the Scott

Rob the Scott Active Member

Dec 14, 2022
    New Jersey
    Nice ride! Things happen a lot faster on that bike than on a Cub or scooter, so take it easy. There's also a lot more weight to handle at slow speeds, so your early caution is a great idea!
    Can't help you with the provenance question that you asked, but contacting the prior owner seems to make sense.
    PS. Invest in protective clothing that may have been less important with the slower rides. The photographers who line the Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN have seen lots of accidents. They commented that blue jeans provide negligible protection. I have protective riding jeans that will resist abrasion and heat failure. That is my personal choice, of course.

Enjoy the new ride!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    Eyup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fartomany

Fartomany New Member

Jun 29, 2024
    CHCH NZ
    Sneaks in, Rob the admin man reckons I should come over here and be annoying, so ... 'allo :eyes::yum:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::grinning:

11. Fartomany

Fartomany New Member

Jun 29, 2024
    CHCH NZ
    'allo .. Country Joe ... ;)