Fuse Location on a Triumph America

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Brian Simpson, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Hi, Wondering if anyone knows where the fuse box is on a 2010 America, I have a Haynes but it is telling me it is by the ignition switch but the ony thing at the side of the ignition switch is the battery. I plugged my charger into the power auxiliary port under tank ( which the previous owner advised but it would appear it blew the fuse ) very thin wires on that port so I don't think it's going to be strong enough to charge the battery through it, maybe run the Sat Nav and that's about it.

2. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    That looks like it's on the side so do I really need to take the seat off

3. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Got it thanks, didn't have to take the seat off and here is a better picture

Fuse Box.jpg

4. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Well I just washed my cover as it was grubby but it's not fragile at all it's pretty thick plastic really, I think the secret of removing it is to pull it out of the rubber grommet at the bottom first then angle it up then just remove the top lug from the slot and Robert is your fathers brother! Just got to figure out which is the fuse for the auxiliary port now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    thats not exactly true I dont just like that I fookin love it !!!!!
    Hellish banter your both to be applauded !!!!

6. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
  7. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Well pulled all the fuses ( To clean and spray with Servisol ) and found the blown one 10amp and no idea what the symbol means, if you imagine a toilet roll on it's side then several vertical lines running through it that's the symbol for the fuse! but anyway I won't be plugging the charger in there anymore but will use it for the Sat Nav. I was quite surprised with how much dust and white powder that was all around the fuse box and fuses ( that's where compressed air and Servisol came in and a little wire wool on the blades of the fuses ) So that's my housework done for the evening.

8. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Yes it does ( I must have a skill for describing things ) that is exactly what it looks like. It would seem someone has used the heated grip fuse ( No heated grips on the bike ) for the auxiliary port which I find strange why the fuse was blown just plugging in the charger as heated grips must pull far more power than a battery charger set at 2 amps.

9. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Yes I understand what you are saying and a 10amp fuse would be more than enough to cover heated grips but I can't understand why this 10amp fuse would blow by just plugging in a battery charger ( which the previous owner advised so I assume he had done the same thing )

10. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    This is the one I was using, I have got an Optimate but no idea where it is at the moment. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=u...=wWWiV_W1AYrbgAaljpmwBA#imgrc=eppikcuwH8LNeM:

11. Brian Simpson

Brian Simpson Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Brierley Hill
    Thanks for your help but I think the safest way is to just pop the battery out to give it a charge if I haven't used the bike for a while, the bike does have a Datatool alarm fiitted and as I am led to believe these can drain the battery so will have to keep my eye on that.