Front Mudguard Extension

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jako999, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Jako999

Jako999 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    Hi all, I have a 2024 Scrambler 900 and I want a front mudguard extender to stop all the road rubbish being thrown into my rad. You can get one for the 1200 or the 400 but not the 900? I’ve seen some for a street scrambler but they list only up to 2016.
    So what have people bought out there and where from or am I being stupid and the radiator can take it and won’t just get blocked and rot away. I did buy one of these £6 ones off Amazon that are supposed to fit anything but guess what it doesn’t fit, even after trying to remould it with a heat gun I knew it was long shot.
    Thanks all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #2 Pegscraper, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  3. Jako999

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    Thanks for that, it just seems really strange there isn’t one.

4. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    #4 nickjaxe, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    I made my own for my 2020 T100....be warned...if you mudguard is the same material as mine its quite brittle....drilling holes is a risk of cracks starting.

I bonded the one I made to the underside of the one fitted.

I for the black plastic one I made....I used a section from an old household waste paper basket.

It a real poxy idea of triumph making them so short....very happy with mine.

I can send pics and bonding method if req.

5. blacktiger

blacktiger Member

May 14, 2023
    St. Leonards on sea
    Check out Pyramid Plastics. They do them for all sorts. I've got their carbon fibre one on my Tiger800XC and it's been there for about 5 years. Excellent product.

6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    They're all ABS plastic. Warming it with a hair dryer makes it more forgiving and safer to work with.

7. blacktiger

blacktiger Member

May 14, 2023
    St. Leonards on sea
    My Tiger800XC mudguard is, I think, something like Polypropolene. I've drilled it for several reasons without problems.

8. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    Prob best not to have to drill holes....they are very expensive to replace.

9. Jako999

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    I wish they did one but I was on the phone for sometime while they tried to find one that would fit but no luck, I don’t understand it after all it’s a street scrambler rebadged it’s been around for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. blacktiger

blacktiger Member

May 14, 2023
    St. Leonards on sea
    In that case, if I were you, I'd take a trip to your nearest Triumph dealer and look at similar models and measure their mudguard dimensions like width and radius. Then take a chance on the extension for another model fitting yours.

11. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    This is the Pyramid extender for the 1200 Scrambler which I extended further. The 1200 has a slightly narrower tyre at 90 than the 100 on the SS but the Pyramid extender has plenty of clearance. The shape of the mudguard bottom doesn't look that different so one option could be to buy the 1200 version and make it fit if nothing more suitable turns up.

IMG_2657.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

.....the OEM Triumph extender on the SS.

IMG_2434.jpeg

12. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    The front mudguard on the Mk1 Street Scrambler 2016-~19 and the Mk2 Street Scrambler ~2019 onwards is the same. As is Triumph's accessory extender kit PNo. A9708517 for both bikes. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if the kit fitted the 2024 Scrambler 900 as well, because as you say, all they did was change the name.

The problem is that Triumph (like many manufacturers) to save design and manufacturing costs they (like many manufacturers) will use common parts across several models and won't redesign a part unless they have to. But they only list parts and accessories for the model they were they were designed for, not what they will fit.

So for example, sometimes a part listed for one model may fit another. A case in point is Triumph's bar-end mirrors, they all use the same mounting system, so almost any Triumph bar-end mirror will fit almost any Triumph handlebar. I've got the angular machined alloy mirrors that are listed for the new Rocket 3 and the top end Street and Speed triples only fitted to my 2019 Street Cup, no problems and look great.

So a trip to your friendly neighbourhood Triumph dealer may well help. I've certainly found my local dealers helpful when I've been exploring what parts would fit my bike.

Its all part of that wonderful journey of personalisation and its a good excuse for mooching around some nice bikes to get inspiration whilst supping a cup of coffee:).