Tiger 800 Flasher Unit Woes

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by stamps, Jul 21, 2024.

1. stamps

stamps New Member

Jul 21, 2024
    upton on severn
    Hi. Newbie here, hopefully someone here can help as I don't seem to be able sort this out. I have a 2014 Tiger 800 which I've had to get some work done on the headers (the very first bolt sheered off flush with the head....) . After putting it all back together the indicators wouldn't work which I eventually tracked down (thanks Haynes) to a defunct flasher unit. The one on the bike looks different to the photo in the manual. Mine is a three pin and is the same shape and size as the old fashioned cotton reel and I believe the OEM part number is A9830046 which is no longer available. . The one in the manual is a small square box shape, It seems that it is a fairly common fe218bh relay. Ebay only seems to come up with used items but I find it hard to believe that no one is selling such a common item. My question is would the fe218bh be a straight swap for the one I have? Apologies if this is rather rambling but I have gone round and round the internet and am somewhat confused now. Thanks for at least bothering to read this far. Tony.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Welcome to the family. I can't see why not. I never look at flasher units and have swapped quite a few if they fit they will either flash or not flash

3. stamps

stamps New Member

Jul 21, 2024
    upton on severn
    Hi Joe. Thanks for that. I have managed to sort the problem I think. The original FE218BH had been swapped at some point to accommodate the LED indicators that had been fitted and that replacement has now been superseded. I have ordered the replacement and await the results. Tony.