Fixing Triumph Leather Panniers to the chrome pannier rails

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by MD99, Aug 1, 2014.

1. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi all,has anyone got an elegant solution to be able to secure the leather panniers to the U shaped chrome rails? I found the velcro loops and single buckle very poor and fiddly and not at all secure;the panniers would soon flap up and down,but not fall off as they go under the seat and get laced together.

Needs to be quick,secure and not scratch the rails.

Cheers

2. T-Bird Rob

T-Bird Rob Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Check out Easy Brackets | Leatherworks | Quick Release Bolt On Brackets

I have the easy brackets attached to my Leatherworks saddle bags on my Triumph Thunderbird - according to the site, they can custom make a set of Easy Brackets for Bonnevilles... not sure if the one they have on their site is the same as yours but you can check.... a super company in Stockton California run by one lady who actually answers the phone. I also had a set of their bags custom made for my bike.... far superior quality to the Triumph bags ... a little pricey but both the easy brackets and the bags are well made and well engineered. The Easy Brackets attach to the rear fender bolts (which are actually replaced by Cad designed stainless steel bolts - they have locks. Once the brackets are mounted, you fit the bag next to the bracket, mark the outline of the Easy Bracket and the mounting holes and then drill into the saddle bags to mount them to the brackets with the supplied nylock nuts and bolts. You can reinforce the Triumph bags with a harder material however the Leatherworks bags come with a strong inner side piece that makes the mounting very secure... hope this helps... Leatherworks has several Utube videos showing the installation of the Easy Brackets.

3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Position bags just how you want them with straps fully tightened. Drill 2 small holes, on mine at the top/bottom of horizontal chrome bar so a tie wrap can go through and be tightened. As you say velcro can work loose a bit. This worked great for me for an Belgian trip recently. Then easy to snip off until bags used next time.

Easy,cheap, as requested :biggrin:

4. MD99

MD99 Member

Jul 31, 2014
  5. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yeah they look good, thanks fer info :upyeah: