Fix Dents - Diy

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SuperHans, Apr 2, 2021.

1. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    So I have been annoyed by a dent in my fueltank and was thinking of trying to sort it out myself.
    Most places I have visited recommend filler and respray but I have seen these "miracle" tools and also places being able to pull or knock them out without a need for a respray.

Whats your experience?

Anyone tried tools such as these below with any success?

https://www.amazon.com/Removal-Auto...e850e014776d014b99545&camp=1789&creative=9325

or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...R9M16&linkId=bfc36ac34dc349c57c3338c91330f385

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I think that you have too sharp a crease in the tank to use the Gliston puller or similar from outside the tank and the only way you are gong to minimise that dent is to work it from inside the tank.

I would be surprised if you were able to get all of that dent out but you should be able to greatly reduce it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I went to local car dealership - they put me in touch with their dent and chip guy. He called to my house and within 15 mins the dent was gone ( worse than yours on a suzuki TL tank and they are thick steel) all for £20.00 cash

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Cheers, I did have a look at it today after looking at at youtube video of a "dent repair" place in the UK.
    I have to say its flippin impressive to watch them work and fixing cars.

Have sent out a few emails to places that claim they do these type of work and well see what they say.

Thanks for your input :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Now that's a tank slapper! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1