Fitting Givi Rack To 2017 T100

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wurgle, Jan 20, 2018.

1. wurgle

wurgle New Member

Dec 16, 2017
    RCT
    Hi fyi
    Not sure if anyone as fitted a givi rack to their water cooled version T100. But thought I would share this.
    Instructions just shows 3 pictures on how to fit the rack. I followed the destructions and scratched my mudguard and could not get it to fit. So removed the mudguard and it fitted easily. So if anybody going to fit one. Remove mudguard first.
    Unclip the wires from the holders first then remove 4 bolts and drop it on the weel. Wires are long enough not to be removed completely. Just be gentle lowering it down. I did mine on my own. But I expect much easier if you have mate to assist.

• Useful Useful x 4
  2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I was a bit disappointed when I saw the rack finally make an appearance on the Givi site - for most bikes you get a max load of 10kg but this one is just 6kg. Still, it's a bit more than the Trumpet rack I had fitted (I was impatient) so I may swap over but then my topbox is mainly empty or just holding my lid when I get to the destination.

Looking at the pics on the Givi instructions it also does look like they were hinting at the mudguard drop as it looks to be down on the wheel in the second picture. Shame they could not have made that a bit more obvious for you and avoided the scratch.