Finally a stand!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SamC, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Well after lots of looking into stands, lifts and various ways to lift the rear wheel off the ground I've taken the plunge and bought a stand. Now in my head i took a gamble on this as i think it was a little over priced and wasn't to sure if it would work but i am in need for a stand so the gamble was taken.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391472050173?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

After unboxing and assembling I'm really impressed, fantastic quality, good fittings, sturdy rubber wheels and good swing arm rubber protection, much much more than i expected.

Ive yet to use it on the bike but the first step has been taken and I'm happy, just to see if it fits the bike now....... although it is sold as a street twin stand, so we should be ok, we shall see.
    IMG_8768.JPG IMG_8769.JPG IMG_8770.JPG

2. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    All the other stands i own and have looked at clash with the street twins exhausts but this one is supposed to be designed for classic style bikes and the twin, like i said i haven't used it yet so we will see if the description is correct, and as for the price id happily pay it again, the qualitys great, much better than any stand i have in the garage

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thumpir

Thumpir New Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Coventry
    Stick some photos up when you get chance please? I'd be interested in one of these. I ordered a set of offset cotton reels from R&G for my Street Twin but I've been waiting 3 weeks already and am still waiting. this could be just the ticket. Cheaper too...

4. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    I will, hopefully at some point this weekend

5. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Update!

Unfortunately despite the title of the ad this stand is not suitable for the street twin! which is a shame as the stand itself is great quality, back for a refund it goes! and the search for a lifting solution continues....

6. Thumpir

Thumpir New Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Coventry
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Sorry to hear that hasn't worked Sam.... looked a nice bit of kit too.

Tomorrow i'm going to report back here with photos of how I found my perfect solution to lifting the rear end of my Street Twin.

And the best thing about it ........... cost me less than 7 quid :D

9. Thumpir

Thumpir New Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Coventry
  10. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Yes they are and you can use 2 ratchet straps as well :)

11. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    Thank you, I will take a look

12. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    I know, it's a shame it's a nice stand. I like the sound of your solution!

13. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    This looks very promising

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you're going down that route check this model out. It does the same but folds up to about 4/6 inches flat. I have one and can't fault it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
  16. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    OK Sam .... here's my budget (Scottish) method for raising the arse end of the bike.

I've always rolled my front tyre onto a wheel chock so that's the bike locked in an upright position to start with -

[​IMG]

2 weeks ago I bought this

A block of wood with a piece of old car mat glued to it to protect/grip the sump -

[​IMG]

and up she comes -

[​IMG]

Chain cleaning/maintenance nirvana found for less than the price of a Subway Meal Deal :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. AGS5150

AGS5150 New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Warwickshire
    Looks like a well designed bit of kit. How much stability does it offer the bike? I'm mindful there are no rachet straps as per the eBay and Clarke (Machine Mart) solutions.

18. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    My pleasure Dozers Dad, I'm not a fan of centre stands on bikes (spoils the lines of nice bikes imo). Just a shame it took me 30 years to think of it :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    lol....slight exaggeration with 30 as i've only been back into bikes for 15 :confused::D

• Like Like x 1
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Its certainly solid. Stability wise its fine as long as you get it in the right place. You can get straps from anywhere for extra stability, you would need them if removing a wheel. You can jack it up enough to have wheels on ground , came in handy when replacing rear suspension, just lowered it or raised it to get holes lined up.

stand.jpg

• Like Like x 5