Few New Accessories!

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by Detritus, May 11, 2017.

1. Detritus

Detritus New Member

May 6, 2017
    Luton
    Hi!
    I'm picking up my new Street next week and I'm looking for a few small accessories which I would really appreciate your advice on.
    - tank pad/protector - I'm looking for something in black and simple. Saw a rubber looking Triumph on a few bikes what are your opinions on these?
    - handlebar - I'm used to a pretty low riding position and I'm considering getting new handlebars. Anyone has any experiences with these? Yay or nay?
    - phone mount - there are a lot out there - which ones do you use or can recommend?

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Detritus.
    Nice choice of bike.
    1) Tank pad ? All depends if you are going to put a bag on the tank, if you are then I would suggest using the correct fitting ie Givi bag = Givi tank pad.
    2) Handlebars ? Personal choice, I would ride it for a good few miles before making the decision to change, you may just like it!
    3) Phone mount ? stick it in your pocket turned off, then you won't get 'bothered' while you're out enjoying yourself on the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Detritus

Detritus New Member

May 6, 2017
    Luton
    Thanks MickEng :)
    Unsure if I'll be getting a tank bag. For now just want to not scratch the tank with my jacket.
    The handlebars I will hold off, but just wondering if I ever change them could that be detrimental to the bike in any way.
    With the phone mount - I need google maps! :)

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #4 MickEng, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    What are you planning to wear ?
    An emery cloth jacket ? lol

Phone mount.
    Post dilligaf, I am sure he will knock something up for you with some angle iron and an RSJ. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    What about using some 3M clear sticky-back plastic film ? Protects the tank but is nigh-on invisible. Buy off Ebay by the sheet, cut into shape and apply to a clean, dry surface, on a warm (was going to say hot, then I realised you are in UK) day.

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've just fitted this tank protector to my SE - it's officially for the new T100 but fit perfectly on my SE. 2017-05-10 15.03.22.jpg

7. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    I fitted the Triumph tank protector to my Speed don't think it looks offensive and certainly thick enough to protect

8. Detritus

Detritus New Member

May 6, 2017
    Luton
    Ordered the rubber protector too now. Just looking for a phone mount now...

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just found this you cheeky bugger I know how to use gaffer tape as well I'll have you know :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Detritus, I can recommend the twisty ride phone mounts, I have recently fitted one as I use my phone as a satnav, it is a decent piece of kit.

http://www.twistyride.com/

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Thought you'd like it. :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have the ultimateaddon mount for my iPhone on my thruxton, only just bigger than the phone and the mount is fairly unobtrusive