Fatal bike crash

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by ColLamb, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ColLamb

ColLamb Active Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Preston, Lancashire
    #1 ColLamb, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Seen on another forum.

Sympathy to the family

100% avoidable

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=xq2xStb0R-c[/video]

Please watch and learn, if you blame the car driver 100% you need bike training as you are dangerous.

There is only one place this type of riding is acceptable but then you are unlikely to be on the racetrack by oneself

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Have seen this already, it is quite shocking and does make you examine your own riding.
    Car driver did pull out on him but his speed was way to fast and he should have accessed what could happen at the junction.
    My sympathy to his family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, I've seen this on another forum - quite a lot of people have now.
    Very courageous of the family to allow it to be used - lets hope some good comes of it.

Both at fault - rider travelling far too quickly but the car driver did pull out across his path.

4. This is very sad, but on the other hand, like Col has stated, totally avoidable. We ALL open our bikes up every now and again, but there is a time and a place for it. Unfortunately, that was neither....
    Well done to the family for allowing this to be seen, hopefully some good will come out of it.

5. Holly2506

Holly2506 Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Newport, South Wales
    I was shocked to see the video and how quick life changes. One life lost and another whos got to live with the guilt of what could have been so easily avoided. Very brave mother indeed!

6. Kev

Kev Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Makes you appreciate how quickly your life can change & how vulnerable you are.

We've all been silly, no one is perfect, very harrowing vid. Stay safe people

7. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    #7 SteveJ, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Saw this on Facebook the other day and think the riders mother has done a wonderful thing to try and help to make drivers and riders think after such an awful loss to her and her family.

Yes the guy was riding way too fast, But we have all done that at one time or another. Another factor with regards to the driver is that the number plate on the front of the car was yellow so I'm guessing left hand drive vehicle and a driver that maybe did not look as well as they should as they are used to looking the other way.

I wish this would be shown on television as both Drivers and Bike riders need to think about why this collision (No such thing as an ACCIDENT) took place and how this could be avoided.

At the end of the day we as bike riders need to ride very defencelessly as we will always come off second best with a car or truck and my general rule of thumb is think of the most stupid thing the driver in front of you can do and there is your starting point.

I always look at where a driver is looking at an intersection or roundabout as the number of times that they are looking the wrong way is incredible and is also the reason why I will never take my bike into London as it seems to be 10 times worse in there.

Cheers

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  8. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Yet another terrible and avoidable accident. My sympathies are with all involved.