Disabling Email Alerts Without Disabling Online Alerts

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thripster, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Is there any easy way of preventing email alerts but yet still have the red flags on line? I have tried in alert preferences by disabling first set of boxes but that seems to disable everything. Wish to prevent prevent mailbox being cluttered but yet still see what has been happening on line. Ta

2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    If you go to Profile page>Your Account>Alert Preferences you can untick any alerts you like.
    Also in Preferences there’s an option to untick if you want to disable email alerts.
    I’ve just got mine to only email me when someone starts or replies to a conversation. :grinning:
    I still get the alerts online, though it’s not very accurate and some don’t get flagged up. I think this is a ‘feature’ that everyone has issues with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks Freck. Yes, already have 'and receive email notifications of replies' unchecked - but still get the Emails. Doesn't seem to work. Never mind.

4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    These are the settings I’ve got in Preferences and I get no emails. I had the top one ticked previously and was getting an email for every reply in a conversation but didn’t get any for anything else.
    I only get alerts online now.

42B63767-1C00-4551-B1BE-976C185A7BDA.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks Freck.....i'll give it a go.............

• Like Like x 1