Daytona 600 Runs Rough Sometimes Not All The Time??

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dan h, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Dan h

Dan h New Member

Apr 22, 2020
    Hampshire
    Hi all
    im new to forum so bear with me... My dad recently purchased a triumph daytona 600, after buying it the engine management light came on and then started running rough, after 3 warm ups and cool downs went back to normal for a few months... Then returned to running rough with engine management light on then same again disappeared for few months, now back to running rough but no engine management light on any more and also noticed uses half a cup of water every 400 miles ish roughly and also lost digital speedo before and come back not sure if thats to do with it and sometimes when first starts up doesnt rev high when cold until you give it a hand with throttle then its ok or couple of times revs to high... Wondering maybe ecu not really sure, any help or ideas grateful
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dan H
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button and show the inmates the steed. I would say yo have a dodgy connection somewhere. Go through the wires and plugs make sure they are all clean and no corrosion and look for damage or breaks. It shouldn't lose water hopefully you haven't got a gasket weeping check all you hoses and cap. I am sure someone will be along soon to get you even more help.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan h

Dan h New Member

Apr 22, 2020
    Hampshire
    Hey joe,
    Thanks for quick reply, yer i orderd some plugs so first port of call was tank off plugs and thank you yer i keep an eye out on way through for leads any bad connections, i suppose was thinking possible head gasket or more serious... I hope not, yer i upload a pic

Cheers
    Dan