Daytona 600 2003 - what is this part anyone?!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Brian Dunne, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Brian Dunne

Brian Dunne New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi,

So I stripped the fairings/mudguards, chain guard and tank of my newly acquired 600D (just to clean and treat everything that I couldn't see and get more familiar with it) and when I put it back together I had the part shown in the pics left over!! I've looked at the manual but no joy so I thought that maybe someone here might just recognise it. Hopefully its not too critical as I've been riding the bike the last couple of days without it. I had a pound coin left over from my trip over to buy the bike so threw it in there for size reference :). Thanks in advance

IMG_3985.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi there Brian, it looks a bit like the rubber mounts that hold the petrol tank in place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Dunne

Brian Dunne New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin, Ireland
    Thanks Dave. Yeah I'm almost certain that the two rubber mounts (close to the seat) for the tank are in place but I'm gonna pop the tank off again when I get home tonight and check again as I was in a bit of a panic to get the bike back together at the time.

Thanks again Dave.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I don't know how many mounts the tank has, but just check to see that they're all in place, would be my suggestion.

• Like Like x 3
  5. martingw1

martingw1 Member

Dec 12, 2014
    This looks like the flanged sleeve, and retention rubber from the fixing at the very front of the tank, held in place by an m6 bolt.

• Like Like x 2
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It's definitely a doofa what fits in a hole and has a screw/bolt the other side. If not off your tank, maybe off a fairing. My Bandit has doofa's like that (albeit slightly smaller), that hold the half fairing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vladthetodge

Vladthetodge Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    It's the front bolt doofa for the petrol tank. I'm almost sure. I have a d600.

8. Vladthetodge

Vladthetodge Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Yeah, looks the same as mine. It's a pain to get the bloody bolt through it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Dunne

Brian Dunne New Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah i think thats why i decided it didnt go there. I best put it back in. Thanks everyone for the replies (i haven't been getting emails when you guys replied so only seeing them now when i visit the forum)