Clueless Seller

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mary, May 14, 2024.

1. Mary

Mary New Member

May 14, 2024
    London
    Hello all!

I am just looking for some advice and guidance on a valuation of a Tiger Triumph 955i 2007 reg.
    it was my Dads bike but he has passed away and I am just now getting around to seeing the bike. I am completely clueless :no_mouth:

it hasn't run in about 2 years so im hoping to charge up the battery and get it running again, I was offered £750 for it from a website, does this seem about right? it has had 2 owners, and just below 25000 miles on it. it had no issues when he had it, but obviously as it hasn't been running I assume it may have diminished in worth? It has a tear in the seat now but still looks to be a beautiful bike, its blue with 2 panniers also.

if you have any advice for me in getting it going again and maybe upping the value it would be appreciated!

thanks muchly :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    The website offer of £750 is very low as they are in it to make money themselves. I would be looking more around £1500 at least, obviously in running order with MOT, assuming it is in good condition, shame about the seat but that is a minor issue. If you charge the battery be sure to use a bike suitable charger, though I assume your dad would have one of those. Don't let the starter struggle to turn the bike over, if it does try jumping from another source. Because the bike has fuel injection it may not be too hard to start but I would put some new E5 fuel and redex in the tank too. The brakes may be sticking through lack of use too. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry for your loss. As far as the bike goes, good advice from the boys. If you are not to confident maybe consider talking to one of your dads mates or a friend who maybe able to help out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Upload a photo on this forum, you might get an offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Hi Mary, I'd ask around and see if a friend of a friend who has some bike knowledge can help you out. As the other guys have said, the bike should be fairly straightforward to get up and running again, but I appreciate if you have little or no knowledge of bikes or engines it can be difficult. Best of luck and let us know how things work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I doubt it will take much to get it running. A flat battery and possibly the old petrol will be the main culprits of it not starting, both of which are relatively easy to remedy. Following that, checks on brakes and lights etc should be all that's needed for an MOT. Assuming it was running fine when last used, anyone remotely bike savvy should have it back roadworthy in no time IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Mary
    Well i am sure it gave you a good laugh that the Pratt's though they could rip you of with that measly sum. I would say your bike is a fair starting price at around £2000 £1500 for a quicker sale. Plenty of London riders here if you need some help and most people on here would be to glad to assist. There is a for sale section here on the forum. And to drop a picture just hit the upload a file button bottom right and put it in here. Please accept my condolences on your sad loss. To all of us it is a brother lost. Joe

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheOtherDennis

TheOtherDennis Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

May 7, 2024
    Lutterworth
    Nothing of worth to add to the expert advice above, other than to also pass on my condolences for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 1