Broken Indicator Wiring, Front Right - T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Flashp, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Has anyone else had a broken wire to a front indicator on a T100/120? I was doing some checks before my much looked forward to ride tomorrow (the only break in the weather where I have time to ride before Christmas and I found what I thought was a bulb out. Turns out one of the wires is broken just where it goes into the stem of the indicator (front right). The loom was pulled pretty tight from the headlamp.

Bikes under warranty, annoying as it would be a straight forward fix probably but then why should I have to fix it. Really hacked off, had been looking forward to 4 hours or so out tomorrow and an observed ride next weekend. I'll consider myself lucky if I can get an appointment next Friday and even more so if I can convince them to get the parts in before I get the bike to them.

Not a big deal but so bloody annoying :mad:

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    That’s a bummer! There’s been reports of electrical failings due to looms being too tight around the headstock on other models but this sounds different, maybe you’ve just been unlucky, I’d take photos, do a temporary fix, so that you can legally ride it to the shop and get it fixed, of course, but in the meantime get out riding!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    That's a very kind offer, thank you! I'm afraid I can't answer the question at the moment but I'll come back to you on that if I may. Thanks again, very kind.

4. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Update - the dealer had a look at this and put a claim forward for new indicator unit. They also OK'd me effecting a repair since Triumph wouldn't want the parts back. I got it off the bike and on the bench, disconnected the bulb holder and did continuity checks and couldn't find any breaks. I re-connected the bulb holder and ran the same checks including the terminals and found them to be loose causing intermittent connections. All that was required to fix was to pinch them up with pliers and all is well. Just for info folks, hope you all had a good Christmas.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2