Bonnie tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Stuart, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone know which tyres to get for my Bonnie if I want them to last with reasonable grip?
    Where do I get them for a good price?
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Active Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ayrshire
    Good question, I would like to know also being a knew biker... :smile:

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I have had some good prices ordering my tyres from Crossans in Northern Ireland and getting a local garage to fit them, Black Circles are also meant to be good.

Not sure what tyre would be best for your bike though

4. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Ok, cheers.

5. marco

marco New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Hi ya fellas, I have just started a new motorcycle specific tyre business in order to work with bikers and take the guess work out of tyre choice. After many years of riding, racing, and season with Dunlop motorsport (Moto 2 & 3) I thought it time to take the plunge.
    I am North Yorks based near Thirsk and will provide ride in ride out or mail order after determining the right tyre for your bike and intended use.
    Will make a dedicated thread soon if admin allows.
    Cheers all
    Mark

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shagrat57

Shagrat57 New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Southampton
    You need to move to the sunny south coast mate, so I can use you :biggrin:

7. marco

marco New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Don't like the sound of that shagrat LOL...
    Can have tyres, tubes and tape delivered to your door if required :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yo Marco, yer on, best two up touring tyre recomendation for 2009 Bonnie SE please. You could PM me with prices/recommendation if you prefer. I pass your way going up the outlaws (actually inlaws) so would be yer ride through price heh heh heh. Probably be needing them after we get back from Belgium/France mid June so no rush.

That's a good service you are offering with your experience. I was wondering who I could get a proper opinion from. I used Conti's on my Fatboy for Spain and back numerous times, but have no preference, I'm looking for miles/tyre as you can see. :upyeah:

9. marco

marco New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Greetings Recycled Rocker, thanks for the reply. Will get some prices and comparisons. No problem picking them up and could meet you just off the A1. Boroughbridge for example.
    Cheers,
    Mark

10. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Muchos ta's fer PM info, be in touch, found my rear tyre at 11 psi this morning! Have soaped everything no sign of leaks.

11. marco

marco New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Check the valve seating buddy. Spit in the valve will bubble if leaking.

12. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Yep did that after blowing up, tyre was still 41 this morning same as after pumping yesterday, maybe there was something in that valve before I blew it up, hopefully it cleared it, thanks for tip though.

13. marco

marco New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Hey no problems, sometimes stuff just happens...the little people yer no...update on tyre prices tomorrow ie a little cheaper ;) whats on the bike at the moment and are you happy with them?

14. I'm also interested in this...
    I have a nearly worn Metzeler Lasertech on the front of my Bonnie which I'm not over impressed with. Also have the same on the back, but that's got lots of life left in it yet. Obviously, the worn front is gonna upset the handling, but I'm not keen on replacing it with the same tyre. I like my Michelins (pilot roads) do they do one in a Bonnie size ?
    Anyone else using Lasertechs ?
    Anyone got Michelins on a Bonneville ?

15. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Depends which Lazertech's you are talking about, I had the Z8's on my 2011 Speed Triple and they were some of the best tyres I have had on any bike, don't really get on with Michelins they are the wrong sort of profile for me.
    I usually go for Bridgestones or Metzelers, although I have a set of Diablo's on my T595 and they have been brilliant.

Cheers

Steve

16. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    Avon Road Rider (rave reviews) or more sticky but wont last as long Pirelli Storm Demons

17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #17 Sprinter, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Looking for in-put on this myself. read review on conti-attack saying they managed to combine grip and longevity,good results wet and dry too. Bought a Sprint two days ago with new conti-attacks, so not run- in and i don't know any more than that , would welcome any thoughts.

18. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    Problem is Bonnie tyre sizes, you cant get alot of types jtd

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    right cheers