Bike Won't Start

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mick62, Sep 28, 2024.

1. Mick62

Mick62 New Member

Sep 27, 2024
    Northamptonshire
    Hi everyone
    Just wondering if anyone can help. Ok I have a bonneville 865 SE it has been running perfectly but the other day I went to start it but it won't start? Everything else is working fine lights horn etc. When I press the ignition switch it does nothing not even click? I have checked the battery and it's fine. The engine management light is on but sure that comes up till it starts anyway??
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Cheers
    Mick

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    @Mick62 Check the normal switch's like the side stand and clutch switch. Check for loose broken or corroded connections Around the head stock and battery and solenoid. Recheck the battery as they have to be tiptop. There is a few topics on here that tells you what the amperage should be and what it should read at the solenoid. Check for spark at the plugs

3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I would recheck your battery first, even charge it up before you put the meter on. Static you want around 12.6v or so, then turn on the ignition and press starter and check again, under 12v it will not start . Lights and horn will probably still work OK though.

• Like Like x 1