Bike intercoms.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MrOrange, Jul 18, 2016.

1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

The missus is getting a bit lonely sat on the pillion! :(

Can anybody recommended a pair of bt intercomms. Can't justify £300 odd on Scala's, would like them, but spent all my biking funds on Ireland Trip!

What you got? Or anybody got a set they no longer need? :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I bought two Sena S3 headsets.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sena-Bluet...ull-face+Helmet+Kit+Sena+3S+Bluetooth+Headset

They work well, though I would have possibly gone for a set with a radio received if I was purchasing again today.

One point to consider is how you activate the connection to your passenger. With the Sena S3 you have to press a button on the side of your helmet. You remain connected until you press it again. If I was purchasing I would look for voice activation.

3. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    There's a lot on eBay cheap as £35. I'm not sure if there any good but at that price maybe worth a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    i have the scala q3 and i cant fault it, well actually i can, the radio reception can be a bit pants but sound quality is good for blutooth phone and music. i paid just over 225 squid for a twin set on some dodgy but legal site, the next one down looks good to have a look here you can probably get a rider to pillion only for a lot less but will you regret not having the other features a couple of months down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    My Ex-missus's way of communication was often a punch to the kidneys...... o_O (on or off the bike haha)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Eccleshall, Staffs
    We use Senna SMH 10 which are great.

Teejay

7. PaulSpeedTrip

PaulSpeedTrip Member

Aug 7, 2016
    South Yorkshire
    Hi all.
    I've just had delivered a Bluetooth comms system from a company called Veetop. Got it off Amazon for £72.99 delivered and it's fantastic.
    Voice activated, phone calls, waterproof and FM Radio. Clarity is great up to about 800m, only drawback is will on take 3 riders using the system.

8. Milky1190

Milky1190 New Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Gloucestershire
    Scala g9 is amazing. Just keep looking on eBay for about £100

9. 12AX7

12AX7 New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Wokingham
    I recently bought a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016MC272I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the price, they work pretty well. They are a little tinny, and not especially loud, but at moderate speeds (<= 60 mph), my wife & I can converse with no trouble. I haven't tried higher speeds as my ears would start hurting (sooner or later!).

I've paired my helmet with my Zumo, and that's somewhat louder than the mic from the other helmet. I haven't tried both at the same time yet.

I can't compare them with more expensive stuff, as I have no experience...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    You Would!! :oops:;):D:D:D:D

11. Black R

Black R Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Ashbourne South Australia
    I bought a pair of BT T-com's and an extra two sets of earphone/mic's for spares.
    Pillion or bike to bike.
    They work well for the price and paired easily with my iPhone.

12. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    I like the price of these and you seem happy with them, are there any problems with them at all or is it all good?
    Cheers
    Andy

13. 12AX7

12AX7 New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Wokingham
    I've got those. We've just come in from a ride - they worked fine (again). Very few "Sorry?" moments. This was on B roads & lanes. YMMV at speed on M-way.

I've used them with the Zumo a bit more. They are OK, but it sounds a bit like the Zumo only switches it's BT audio on when it has something to say, and the link comes up a bit late. So the 1st 1/2 syllable is lost. Still good enough to follow. And I'm not sure which end is at fault anyway...

The mic gooseneck is too long IMHO. But I got them fitted into the helmets OK. Don't do it in a hurry though :). I found this stuff is good for holding wires to helmet lining (make sure to put the scratchy side down):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H4CYHQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Get the wide stuff, then you can cut it to length & width. Also used it to hold the Zumo power wiring kit in place on my Sprint.

You're not going to look at the intercoms and admire the build. But they work, and they're cheap, Cheap, CHEAP!

14. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Ordered:) had to stop twice on Sunday because wife's phone was ringing :(
    Andy

15. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #15 TEZ 217, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    How about the one's below Ron just the job pocket wise for a jock, whats more appealing to yourself I think
    is the opportunity to dissapear into your man cave and knock up another set or two very easily thus making
    yourself some extra scottish pounds !!!! 2731573-two-tin-cans-connected-by-a-piece-of-string.jpg
    EXTREMELY RELIABLE, POSSIBLE TO BE USED AMONG OTHER BIKE RIDERS IN GROUP( just lengthen string)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1