Speedmaster Batterycover Strap Not Latching

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Dodraugen, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Dodraugen

Dodraugen New Member

Apr 30, 2024
    Norway
    Hi.

I just bought a 2024 Speedmaster. Want to attach a quadlock and batterytender to the battery, but when I was putting it back together, then I can´t for the life of me get the metal strap to latch on to the metall underneath the battery housing. In the user manual the metal is in two parts, but on my bike it´s one piece.

Help needed ;)

View attachment IMG_0625.jpeg

View attachment IMG_0626.jpeg

2. BonnieRed

BonnieRed Member

Sep 10, 2019
    British Columbia

3. BonnieRed

BonnieRed Member

Sep 10, 2019
    British Columbia
    Hi Dodraugen, I have a 2018 Speedmaster and it is definitely a 2 strap deal, and also has a ridiculous connector mechanism. Here is the parts diagram that shows the part:
    Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 9.04.39 AM.png

See 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Looks like your is not OEM?

4. Dodraugen

Dodraugen New Member

Apr 30, 2024
    Norway
    That´s what confuses me. Everywhere I look it´s with the bolt. I picked mine up from the dealer with 1 km on the clock yesterday. So everything should be OEM.

I´ll swing by the dealer tomorrow and ask there :D

5. aderty

aderty New Member

Jun 8, 2023
    nice
    #5 aderty, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
    I just offered a 2024 Speedmaster. Want to attach a quadlock and batterytender to the battery, but once I become placing it lower back collectively, then I can´t for the lifestyles of me get the metal strap to latch directly to the metall under the battery housing. In the person manual the steel is in two parts, but on my bike it´s one piece.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

6. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    DoDraugen (interesting handle, you work on the rig or you into sea witches/ghosts?).

I recently fitted an extra power/USB (fused) to my battery. yes mine is in two parts and can be a wee bitty fiddly. however in the 2 part strap the centre shortens the strap so it stays on. looking at your photos I cannot see an equivalent mechanism, I can only assume it is sprung. That being said I expect you pull it from the top and it hooks from the bottom. Just a guess tho.
    I see Motone have done a nice leather replacement.