Barkbuster Blizzard

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Cinghoa, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Cinghoa

Cinghoa New Member

May 17, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Hi all,
    This bike has me dreading the days that I have to drive to work as opposed to ride. I am trying to find a reasonably priced solution to allow me to ride into the dead of winter. I have a T120 that I bought some basic wind guards for, but they aren't amazing at blocking the wind and the left side is rubbing against the tank when I'm parking and locking the bars. Posted a pic of them and link in case anyone is looking at getting some, so they don't scratch their tanks.
    Trying to find out if anyone has mounted the Blizzards to a Bonnie before I buy them, so I can hopefully avoid mounting them, only to find out that they too rub/scratch the tank.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KSY1MFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wind gaurds.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Try Bar muffs, they look crap but they keep your hands warm and are soft so they shouldn't damage the tank if they rub up against it when you lock the steering

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup, handle bar muffs are the way to go, and make sure your wrists are properly covered, I use long woollen socks with the foot cut off to cover any gaps at the wrist

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cinghoa

Cinghoa New Member

May 17, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    Most of the mitts/muffs I've seen require a set of hand guards to keep them from pushing against the clutch and brake at highway speeds. The Blizzards have a support rod built in to prevent it. I was looking at hippohands, but those things are pretty pricey and still require the separate hand guards. I actually found more pics of them mounted to bikes and see that they shouldn't come close to the tank. Going to give these a shot and see how cold the digits get.
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/barkbusters-blizzard-universal-handguards

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cinghoa

Cinghoa New Member

May 17, 2019
    Omaha, NE
    After a few 20 degree (f) rides, I have to admit, these things are pretty nice. I don't know how much lower I will tolerate, but at 80 miles an hour for 30 minutes, I am now able to feel my fingers when I get to and from work.
    I'm sure you can get more warmth from the more expensive hippohands that require braces to keep them from pushing on the controls, but for less than half the price (including the cost of the braces), I'm happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1