Bajaj - Triumph Partnership ... Good Or Not?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by No H2O, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Makes good business sense, although i'm not sure about calling them a Triumph though:confused: A mixture of both names would be better imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Probably best as Traja sounds a bit text speak for trajic

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hmmm.....a Bajumph P O S:confused:

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Bloody foreigners

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    ....Way of the world, I suppose.

BSA is apparently set to return as a "badge engineering" exercise by Mahindra, best known for making crap jeeps. They also sell 1960s Jawas as "quality bikes" in the Indian market.

HD have a model based on the old Honda Rebel...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    #7 Andy-K2, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Im sure it will be fine, they are ok at the mo being made in Taiwan cant see much difference:grinning:. Talking of which where do Triumph put the "made in Taiwan" sticker on their new bikes :p:D

7. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    The difference is the management and specification.

Mahindra don't sell their present bikes outside the Far East because they just aren't sellable in Europe, quite apart from trying to sell Jawa as a "premium brand"

8. No H2O

No H2O New Member

Jul 6, 2017
    DC
    Is it Thailand or Taiwan?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Funnily enough the Government issued glossy plea to stay in the EU used a photo of Bonneville engines being readied for shipment to Thailand for assembly! Ironic or wot?! :confused:

10. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Knowledge is power for which I have neither!

Apr 26, 2017
    Bristol UK
    #11 Andy-K2, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    :dizzy: Burk aint I, yep your right Thailand it is, I was in work when I attempted to remember where and "made in Taiwan" sounded so right :D

11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Personally..... I like the idea of mid size triumphs, I do but as for being built in India I`m not so sure.
    Look what happened to Royal Enfield after they were made in India???
    I`m sure Triumph will be monitoring the quality control very closely but once in my opinion companies start having stuff built all over the world quality always suffers. As a kid Bosch power tools & Black & Decker & come to think of it most great names from the past like Wolf drills, Stanley & other great companies were quality through & through, but with Bosch stuff being made in some mid range countries now I believe the quality has truly suffered.
    I have 3 Triumphs & I cannot tell which ones are built in Thailand, the quality of finish being so good....but India, I`m not so sure. I think there are a portion of Triumph bike owners out there that are some of Royal Enfields best ex customers:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Most people miss the days when quality meant something and it's easy to blame the modern lack of quality on johnny foreigner and his lax working practices but as always it isn't that simple.

Many companies realised that building quality doesn't pay. Why sell someone a drill or a washing machine that'll last 20-30 years when you can sell them half a dozen that only last 5 years each. So yes, quality has suffered but it's by design. Building things that don't last is much better for business.

Sadly we live in a disposable society where advertising tells people that their life would be so much better if they had the latest <insert item> and people believe them.

If you can avoid the pressure of advertising and of your peers then you can hang on to the money you earn and use it for better things, like retirement.

I'm convinced that my strategy of not buying into the latest of everything enabled me to have my mortgage paid at 45 and to retire to a very nice life at 55.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No H2O

No H2O New Member

Jul 6, 2017
    DC
    Retired at 55 ... teach me!