Bagster Tank Cover...???

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MattGaydon, Oct 4, 2023.

1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Anyone got/had any experiences of these?? Thinking of one for my Thruxton but are they any good, do they look good? How weather proof are they? Any pics?

Cheers all!

2. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Active Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    #2 MightyBoosh, Oct 4, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    Had colour matched ones for both my triples. Still got them in fact, and the clip on tank bag that they do. Good stuff, nicely made. They have like a foam inner skin so kind to your paint, fix securely, look smart IMHO, they're just feckin dear. I'd buy them again though. 20180909_144954.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Had the older style full cover on my Honda, very good.

My 765 has the newer "bra" style universal mount and it works well.
    When I go camping on it, the tank bag carries all my food and cooking supplies, very stable and convenient even at fuel stops.

20200223_171648.jpg

Screenshot_20231004_150406_Gallery.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Another vote for the Bagster system I have tried to get one on each bike I have owned. The tank cover protects the tank from minor damage and scratches from zips etc.
    A few tips on fitting the cover, give the tank a good wax polish before you start and make sure that the cover is nice and warm, overnight in the airing cupboard is ideal. When fitting it gently tighten the straps evenly and not too tight. The cover will gradually take the shape of the tank and the straps can be gradually tightened.
    Sure the covers are dear but compare that to the cost of repainting a scratched tank and it seems more reasonable. Keep an eye out on eBay, they do come up second hand from time to time.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Samsgrandad

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Just found a photo of my Tiger with a Baglux Cover on. Sorry it's not a closer view!

E826057D-ED69-48A8-B965-E1BD54B261D9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Here's a pic of the Honda showing the red and black Bagster cover.

Photo taken parked outside of what remained of the Hartside Cafe, post fire.
    Now all sadly gone and just a hardcore gravel car park.

20231004_215412.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Thanks all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goofs

Goofs Member

Aug 28, 2023
    Fife. Scotland.
    Hi… I have these on all my three bikes, I use the small “tweety bag” I have, to take some stuff back & forth to work. I have a larger one, that expands for bigger stuff. I think they are a great thing to have, the fact nothing is permanent !!… There’s a company on EBay called “bagmaster” With 100% feedback. I bought my RSV Mille one from them, good service and decent price, around £70 each, it was like new condition.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Another happy previous owner here. Had one on my SV and the GSX-F I got after that. The full covers fit very well indeed (warm them first as previously mentioned) and are great protection but unlike a topbox it does give you something else to carry with you at your stop-off point mid ride...

• Like Like x 1
  10. argyle12

argyle12 New Member

Jun 21, 2015
    PLYMOUTH , ENGLAND
    How do these fit ? Do the straps attach to the frame ? Do you need to take the tank off ?
    Thanks in advance.

11. Samsgrandad

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    You shouldn't need to take the tank off. the method of fitting varies dependant on the bike.
    What bike are you fitting the cover to?

12. Samsgrandad

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    You shouldn't need to take the tank off. the method of fitting varies dependant on the bike.
    What bike are you fitting the cover to?

13. argyle12

argyle12 New Member

Jun 21, 2015
    PLYMOUTH , ENGLAND
    It’s a speed triple 955. The cover came with the bike but I put it away and never looked at it. Wouldnt mind doing a trip this summer so could do with fitting it.

14. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Active Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    Mine had a strap which went around the headstock (make sure you don't route it over cables or brake lines) and two toggles on the side which slip between the frame tube and underside of the fuel tank. These were a bit thin and tended to pop out, so l rolled up some of the spare strap and Araldited it into a ball so to speak. To fit l slid those up first from the back of the tank then secured the front strap. Best done if the tank bag can be left in the sun or near some heat as the material will form better to the tank. Hope you get a trip or two out of it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #15 Eldon, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
    As per @MightyBoosh said, I rolled the open end up and glued it so that the straps were captive and couldn't escape as I'd previously lost one.
    Great concept and far better than a magnetic option. Make sure you don't pick too small or too large a bag if buying a new one. Mine has two volume options and is just right IMO for days out i.e. odd jumper on the lower setting, or longer camping trips i.e. food and cooking equipment.
    I plan and try to use the lower setting normally, this then provides spare volume available in case for say a jumper coming off, or a grocery shop enroute.

20240518_090342.jpg

That's a full weeks camping gear, tent, sleeping bag, stove, food etc.

Note the two rear straps (one each side). The seat needed removing but not the tank as in your crotch area theres a small elastic strap that secures the rearmost section.

• Like Like x 1