Bagster tank cover and bag

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by curly, Nov 13, 2016.

1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    After initial difficulties in adapting to my Bonneville Newchurch, I'm delighted to be able to report that we now understand each other fully and are thoroughly enjoying each others company!
    So much so that I am going to Spain next summer on the bike.
    I am considering buying a Bagster tank cover and attachable tank bag for convenience and a bit of extra ferry protectIon!
    I have used this system before on previously owned bikes and am familiar with the concept.
    My question concerns the current quality of the kit, it is a long time since I last invested in any and wonder if any members have acquired the kit and what their observations are concerning it.
    Thanks in anticipation,

Curly

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Got a Bagster tankbag on my wife's Bonnie.
    Excellent quality and completely colour matched with cut outs to show the Triumph badge still, but the price makes you wince !

tankbag.jpg

3. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Thanks for that, and the photo!
    It was the quality that was the real issue for me and it sounds like it's still good.
    I may have to contact the manufacturer to see whether the badge cut outs optional, my badge free painted tank would be better without them!

Curly

4. PhilB

PhilB Active Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Norfolk
    I am also looking at getting a bagster for my Tiger.
    The one above looks really nice!
    Just a shame about the price, will definitely be a buy for when I have money I feel is 'spare' !
    Top box and throw overs will do plenty for now! :)