Bag Mount Question…

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Sam of Piet, May 7, 2024.

1. Sam of Piet

Sam of Piet New Member

May 7, 2024
    Dayton ohio
    #1 Sam of Piet, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 10, 2024
    IMG_3795.jpeg Can someone tell me what bags go with this mount?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy Sam :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sam of Piet

Sam of Piet New Member

May 7, 2024
    Dayton ohio
    Just purchased this used T-100 last week from a dealer and would like to add some bags to it. Was hoping to find out what the previous owner used. Any insight would be helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome…. I can’t see any specific mounting points, so I wonder if they are just there to stop soft luggage (I.e. throw over) bags from getting into the rear wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sam of Piet

Sam of Piet New Member

May 7, 2024
    Dayton ohio
    Thanks! I’ll look deeper into these, best lead. Many thanks

8. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    It looks like SW motech mounts. Not for bags though, more likely boxes, panniers.

9. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    That mount is definitely from the SW-Motech Legend system (a German company). I know this because I bought this system earlier today.
    The bag that goes with it is a soft pannier that has a fixed plate fitted to the back, which slots onto that bracket. The panniers come in 2 sizes, 9.5L and 13L, and either will fit that bracket. They're not cheap at well over £100 each plus the cost of the bracket, which alone is just under £100 but a bit cheaper if it's bought with the pannier. Quad Bikes Wales seem to be doing the best prices in the UK atm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Yup SW-Motech for sure

11. Potter

Potter New Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tichfield, Hampshire
    SW-Motech Legend Panniers. I had them on my T120, and have held onto the bags for a new Tiger. Just waiting for SW-Motech to do a redesign on the '24 Tiger 900 Side Carriers.
    The bags are not waterproof, but come with rolltop bags for inside. They also fit the look of the T100/T120 really nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Just thought I'd add a bit more info on the SW-Motech Legend gear thread. I fitted the pannier bar at the weekend...

IMG_5335.jpeg

I wanted the larger 13L pannier but this is not specified for my Street Twin, only the 9.8L is advertised. I'm pretty sure this is because SW-Motech reckon the bigger bag would be too close to the exhaust. As my bike has TEC end cans, which are shorter than standard, I didn't think this would be a problem. So I ordered a kit which is advertised for the Street Cup, with the 13L pannier.
    The pannier bar (in the pic) is universal to the Street Twin, Street Cup and Street Scrambler. The fitting kit comes with an array of bolts, brackets and spacers to adapt the bar as appropriate, so you will be left with a handful of ironmongery to go in your 'you never know' box.
    Fitting is pretty straightforward (unless you are one of those people who ignore written instructions and assume it will all be obvious).

You will notice the grab rail on my bike. It's from Motone and highly recommended. However it uses the same fitting points under the seat as the pannier bar, so I was expecting to have to ditch the grab rail. But amazingly the seat goes back in place with the grab rail bolted over the top of the pannier bar. The surplus spacers in the SW-Motech kit were perfect for packing under the grab rail on the right hand side (no pannier bar on that side) so it isn't wonky.

The pannier clips on and off the 3 mounting points on the bar very easily, which is a big improvement over the previous Kriega system I had, which never lived up to expectations and was a PITA to fit or remove. I wanted something which was quick and simple to use and looks acceptable when the bag isn't fitted. This is definitely the best I've come across.

I'm off on a 6 day tour of Normandy in August and this will be my only luggage, hopefully it will carry everything I need!

13. Sam of Piet

Sam of Piet New Member

May 7, 2024
    Dayton ohio
    I put the 13L bags on the bike. This is a Bonnie with upsweep pipes. There is 5 inches of clearance between the bags and exhaust. Which I think is ample. SW’s instructions state 5 cm from any hot surface. Time will tell. IMG_3768.jpeg image.jpg