Alpina tubeless wheels - 10% discount for us :)

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bonzo, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    #1 Bonzo, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Howdy folks,

I mentioned in a earlier post that I was interested in some tubeless wheels for my Thruxton R.

I happened upon the Alpina website and was pleasantly surprised by their pricing. A set of wheels for my Thruxton work out at just under £1400, which I don't think is too bad. Its still a good dollop of cash to put on top of your bike cost, but you could always sell your OE wheels to claw a little back (though what Id do is keep the originals and put them back on the bike when - and if - I sell it and then sell the Alpina's seperately). I fancy an all black set but my main drive is to be able to run tubeless.

Anyway, (I'm waffling), I dropped an enquiry to Alpina last night:

Bike: 2016 Triumph Thruxton R 1200

I'm very interested in a set of wheels for my Thruxton R as I'd prefer to run a tubeless set up, and Id like to have them all black.

Some questions if I may.

Is there a weight saving over the OE's?
    Will the wheels need bearings or do they come fitted?
    I am a member of thetriumphforum.co.uk - I wonder if there is a possibility if we can get a few members interested that you could offer a group discount?

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Bonzo

and got a reply from Karl this morning:

Hello Bonzo

Thank you for your interest in Alpina
    Re the weight , I do not have any Triumph wheel sets in stock to supply the weights but i will have next week so can advise then
    The wheels will have bearings and dust seals pre installed
    If you can get 3 or more orders together i can offer 10% group forum discount

Regards

Karl

http://www.alpina-wheels.com/

Anyone else interested, please feel free to drop me a message and maybe we can take advantage of this generous discount.

Cheers

Bonz