Aftermarket Center Stands For '22 T120?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Mercenary911, Jun 26, 2024.

1. Mercenary911

Mercenary911 New Member

Aug 16, 2022
    Canada
    Hi folks. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket center stand? Or is the OEM the best one to buy? My '22 Bonnie didn't come with one and I know they're handy for many reasons. The OEM is quite expensive here in Canada so I'm thinking aftermarket might be the best way to go....

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    In my book the genuine stand is best.....could be twice the price but I have seen after market and did not like them.

The Triumph Stand has a sort of axle....after market dont.

Not cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rpg51

rpg51 New Member

Feb 3, 2024
    Vermont
    OEM all the way for this particular part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    I purchased the oem as well. Nice and heavy duty. Anything else would be a compromise imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rpg51

rpg51 New Member

Feb 3, 2024
    Vermont
    If you are considering after market I strongly suggest that you first do some google and youtube searching for the product you are considering and reports of damage to frame components.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    I agree.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rpg51

rpg51 New Member

Feb 3, 2024
    Vermont
    In general, I am slowly coming around to the opinion that it is often best, and actually cheaper in the long run, to buy OEM parts and accessories when it comes to these bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Got to be OEM for the centre stand. You know it will fit and you know it will work. Some of the aftermarket versions have adjustable feet, that’s got to be flimsy and risk poor adjustment. Having parked up, I want to know my pride and joy will stay shiny side up. I got a great condition secondhand one for my bike on eBay for a good price.:)

9. Mercenary911

Mercenary911 New Member

Aug 16, 2022
    Canada
    Well I know good advice when I hear it. I'll get the OEM stand for sure. Thanks for the replies folks....

• Like Like x 1
  10. rpg51

rpg51 New Member

Feb 3, 2024
    Vermont
    Let me put it this way - I stupidly purchased an after market centerstand for my T100 before I had a lot of experience with the bike. I've decided to take it off and put on an OEM stand. I'll do it before the end of the season this year.