450 miles and engine management light

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Glynmcc, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Glynmcc

Glynmcc Member

May 22, 2013
    Torpoint
    Bike, 675r, engine management light came on, checked oil level, light went out, went for a spin, stopped off at a cafe, restarted bike, light came back on, and stayed on. Fuses are fine, oil levels are fine, bike seems to run okay.
    Anyone seen anything similar, a bit peeved as the dealer is 40 mile away and don't want to risk riding it there , and will have to use the recovery service.

2. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Could be a faulty connection somewhere, I would tell dealer and see what they advice, you don't want to do anything that might void your warranty. If dealer says don't ride it then it is upto them to pick it up and give you a courtesy bike.

3. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Sounds like good advice from Explorer ,if its only done 450 miles thy should get it sorted for you

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Could be the valve in the exhaust Not fully opening or closing, it will cause the light to come on. Check your oil and coolant levels first job. If the bike starts and the oil light goes straight off, let the engine warm up and see if the fans cut in, if they do I see no reason the bike can not be ridden to the dealer.
    Of course I am just some bloke on the Internet so give your dealer a ring first :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Glynmcc

Glynmcc Member

May 22, 2013
    Torpoint
    You were spot on Richard, cable to the butterfly valve in the exhaust required adjusting.

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Glad you got it sorted.

• Like Like x 1