2012 Thunderbird 1600 Abs.....looking For A Headlight Cowel

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dave Costanzo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Dave Costanzo

Dave Costanzo New Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Ottawa, Ontario Canada
    Hello Triumph Forum.....thx for allowing me to join!
    I bought my current Thunderbird in 2012 and at the time it was my 'cruiser' amongt three other bikes that I love to ride. Being Canadian, I have a relatively short riding season, but I just can't get enough of it and I like all styles of bikes. I recently bought a 2019 Indian Chieftain (bagger style) and I will be using that as my 'cruiser'. I am currently in the process of dismantling my Thrunderbird cruiser-accessories (ie. high way bars, memphis shade, saddle bags, highway peg, passenger pegs etc......) and am installing a single seat, back-fender chrome rack, new Sportster-style handlebars etc....., but I cannot seem to find a headlight cowel anywhere on the internet. My Triumph dealer was no help, so I am attempting to find it myself......and looking to reach out to other Triumph lovers who might know where I can look further. I am doubtful to find a headlight cowel in the correct colour scheme (my black/red blended colour (direct from Triumph) is awesome), so it will likely be next to impossible for an amature like me or elsewhere to match, but I am ready to take my chances. My bike resembles this one that I found on the internet (pic attached) and it is that headlight cowel that I just would love to get my hands on! If anyone out there can offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Dave

IMG_20180918_1811198.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Hi Dave, welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the forum, just a long shot but you could have a look on "The world of Triumph" website, here in the UK, they appear to have them, listed as flyscreens and they do a red marble haze, so not sure if that's your colour, good luck in finding one, from another Dave.

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Welcome in Dave from Ottawa :cool::cool:

4. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you should fit right in.
    _20181020_130349.jpg Tucker

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Dave and welcome to the forum :)

7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    #7 Helmut Visor, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Hi Dave, welcome in and I hope you find what you're looking for. New to the world of Triumph myself so can't be much help I'm afraid :cool::cool:

8. Dave Costanzo

Dave Costanzo New Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Ottawa, Ontario Canada
    Thanks Dave .........I will try just that. Thx for the tip.......hopefully it'll work!
    Thank you for the 'note'......I am quite surprised at just how welcoming every one on this Forum seem to be; wow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave Costanzo

Dave Costanzo New Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Ottawa, Ontario Canada
    That would be great........you just never know :)
    Thx,
    D

10. Dave Costanzo

Dave Costanzo New Member

Oct 27, 2018
    Ottawa, Ontario Canada
    Thanks to the Forum and everyone who has 'reached out', I now have a part # (A9708170-CY) and a correct description..........it is not a headlight cowel (as I thought), it is called a Flyscreen Kit and the awesome red/blk colour or the bike is called Marble Red Haze.
    THANK YOU ALL!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....
    Wessa