2011 Tiger 800xc Turning Lights Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Florian320, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Florian320

Florian320 Active Member
    Subscriber

Dec 14, 2023
    Wiesbaden, Germany
    Good morning!

I managed to 'ride off' both aft turning lights of my 2011 Tiger 800XC.
    I am now wondering if there is anything special with them and I would have to get the original ones or if standard aftermarket lights could also fit.

I am not sure yet which ones I want, just want to do some research before buying something wrong.

2. Patrick Harris

Patrick Harris New Member

I replaced the front lights on my Trophy 1200 with LED Signals from eBay, (Note move connector from old to new signal). The flasher relay measures the current and needes to be replaces with an LED compatable relay. These come in a few configrations. I used this one from Amazon. AUTOKAY 3 Pin CF14 EP35 Electronic Flasher Relay Fits for Car Vehicle LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs Hyper Blink Flash Fix

3. blacktiger

blacktiger Member

May 14, 2023
    St. Leonards on sea
    I suspect you mean "write off". i.e. The insurance has written it off ......" In other words; you broke them.
    You can buy any old crap off eBay and they'll work. Beware though that there are some rubbish out there.

4. Florian320

Florian320 Active Member
    Subscriber

Dec 14, 2023
    Wiesbaden, Germany
    Thanks for the replies!

I basically only rode my bike - probably properly for the first time. That seemed to have been disliked by the turning indicators. Probably due to the age the rubber became brittle. They definitely are a write off!

I decided to go for original replacement parts.

• Like Like x 1