2007 R3 Classic Heated Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Flipper_Al, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Flipper_Al

Flipper_Al New Member

Dec 22, 2023
    Fareham
    Hi All

Looking for some heated grips for my Rocket 3(1 inch bars). Looks like Triumph don't make them anymore, and the Oxford ones just don't seem to fit.
    Anyone tried and had success with other brands

2. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    In what way do the Oxford grips not seem to fit - length, diameter, cable length? I recently had Oxford Cruiser heated grips fitted to my 2012 T100 which, although it's a totally different bike to your Rocket 3, also has 1 inch bars. I had them fitted professionally as I'm a total numpty when it comes to the electrics on my bikes, I don't trust myself to do the job properly! The Oxford Cruiser grips, complete with a chrome-finish rotary controller, are currently for sale through Sportsbikeshop for £89.99, the same price as quoted on Oxford's website. I got mine for £59.99 back in November when they were being discounted by Sportsbikeshop. So far I've found them to be excellent, really toasty and half power is all I've needed, even in the freezing weather we've had up here in Scotland. The only other grips I've ever bought or had fitted to any of my bikes (I currently have five Triumphs) are R&G ones. I don't know if they do any specifically for your bike or 1 inch bars in general, but Oxford are, IMHO, generally better than R&G ones.