2004 Triumph Daytona 600 Stator Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ItsMaple91, Jul 1, 2024 at 10:05 PM.

1. ItsMaple91

ItsMaple91 New Member

Monday
    Simcoe
    Hello everyone,

I come here for a second opinion really, friend of mine has been riding and dealing with bikes for 30 years, and as much as I trust his word, im the type of person where I enjoy more then one opinion on a matter. I recently purchased a 2004 Triumph Daytona 600, and the last month basically I was riding fine. My display stopped working and worked when it wanted to, and as I was leaving a bike meet, my bike felt like it was dying which it did few minutes later. Used a battery pack to charge the bike, but later to find out the stator wire was melted and when hitting off the frame it was grounding out from what I was told. We fixed the wire, and the problems still persisted. I bought a new regulator, and again, problems still stayed. Bought a new stator, and as I took the old one out, half of it was blacked. Put everything back together with the new stator, and for about 30 seconds, we were getting +13 volts on the metre. Pulled the bike out of the garage, and it dropped to 11.05-11.30. We shut off the bike and tested everything, which lead to testing the stator 3 connecters which were only giving 0.05ish volts. My friend says the connecters should be giving a 12-13+ volt reading. Im wondering if this is correct. Im just impatient and dealing with the company I bought the stator from, little frustrated, and I just want to ride. Im more or less double checking these facts but in the back of my head (I dont know really anything abotu bikes yet) but feels like maybe, just maybe could be something else?