1952 James 98cc Superlux £1500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Iron, May 5, 2022.

1. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Neighbour's 1952 98cc James (I think it's a Superlux) for sale with a V5. Mate's rates is £1500.00 - you'll need to haggle with him if you'd like it. It's in Bristol. The original two stroke villers engine runs sweet and noisy.
    It has two gears operated from the handlebars (like the old pushbikes) and can be suprisingly nippy on the take off if you pedal like mad. All the electrics work (although he's been playing with it and got bored so the lights need to be re-connected, wiring is there, rear mudguard is there) it has the rare tool box mounted in the frame and is a joy to behold.
    It would make a great project as it is easily dismantled to take back to mint or just keep it with the patina and run around on it as is. I was really tempted but there's too much already in my garage.

PM me if you are interested and I'll give you his phone number (I'll let him know you will call him so he'll be expecting you). You'll need to be quick though as he has a knack of finding stuff to swap off of Somerset farmers and tinkers.....:)....over....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

He likes it without the back mudguard he says "because it looks like a speedway bike" :confused: (I think he misses the Bristol Bulldogs) You'd need to pedal like mad though to get the back wheel to kick out on the bends. Jeez :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Far too powerful for me and most people on here. :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1