Thruxton 16 1200 Standard-signals/flasher Not Working

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by hal26, Aug 30, 2020.

1. hal26

hal26 New Member

Aug 30, 2020
    texas
    2016 Thruxton 1200 standard. Stock except for fairing. Turn signals and 4 way flashers don't work. Fuses are all good. I'm thinking it may be a flasher/relay. Where is it located? Pampered garage queen - never exposed to weather. I have a bunch of bikes so only 1,600 miles on this one. I know...ride it!

I did have a brief problem with an erratic signal that caused the tach to go hay wire. Turned out to be the wiring from the left handlebar wiring was under a slight bit of stress caused by the plastic cover that held the wires to the frame. I removed the cover and all was well. I did the same thing on the right side just to be proactive. This was a few hundred miles ago. I am thinking that it is not a stressed out wire issue. The 4 way flasher switch is on the right handlebar so it is an entirely different group of wires and yet all signals as well as the 4 way are not functioning. Does this bike have a flasher unit that I can replace or that I can check for poor connection? Nearest dealer is 160 miles away round trip and I don't want anyone working on my pristine bike anyway. Covid is rampant around here!

Has no DTC codes. Disconnected/reconnected battery, too. Wires are all secure and under no strain. Everything else works great

IMG_6138.JPG

2. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    I replied on another post to this Hal, but for others reference it unfortunately could well be an internal fault in the clocks, there is no seperate external relay or relevant fuse for the indicators, hopefully your bike is still under warranty as the replacement clocks unit is expensive.

3. hal26

hal26 New Member

Aug 30, 2020
    texas
    I briefly had issues with the instrument on the left as you are sitting on the bike. The wires on the left side of the frame going to the instruments were being held too tight by a plastic cover against the frame. I removed the covers (both sides) and all was well. Gonna go with Maund tail tidy and no signals. Clean look and no headaches! Thanks! Hal

4. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    That’s one way to fix it! :)