1200rs Wont Start/unlock

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by James4563, Mar 1, 2024.

1. James4563

James4563 New Member

Mar 1, 2024
    Southampton
    Evening all,

I've just gone out today to my bike and it wouldn't start and cant get the steering lock to disengage.
    I rode it on Monday, everything seemed normal and I put it away. Gone to get it out to wash and the above happened.

Battery is charged, 13-14V, and the key fob seems fine. I changed the battery in key fob but didn't make any difference.

When I turn it on, or try to unlock. I get a red warning triangle come up on the screen and an icon that looks like a rider with a padlock. Which I think is what it would do if the key wasn't in range.

Has anyone had any experience with this. I phoned Triumph but they just want me to take it in however I have to wait for recovery because I can move it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    James4563
    Strange one. No one been playing around with it. Certainly a dealer one. Not much help am i. Joe

3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Senior Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    You could try holding the key fob near the sensor which is what you do if there is an issue with the fob battery (see Owners Handbook).

4. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    #4 Pedro1340, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    One of the reasons I never want a bike with a keyfob,gimme a key everytime i remember a friend bringing over his new ccm scrambler to show it off,beautiful to look at and lovely sound.But trying to start the bugger was awful, I actually felt sorry for him,before creasing myself laughing after 15 wasted mins,ended up coming back in for a coffee, went back out and it fired instantly,,no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Exact same happened to my 2018 Tiger 1200. It may be a failed chassis control module which went on mine, unfortunately it took the dealer two prime summer months to work it out after swapping loads of components. Before blaming that first though make sure that the cables have not been pulled out of the switch cubes, left and right, even by a mm as they are only push fit and secured from tugs by a little tab with a cable tie.

Recovery guy needs a plastic snow shovel to run under the front wheel so he can drag it up the trailer ramp otherwise the bike will run in circles with that stuck steering lock. First tow truck guy couldn't do it an left, the second fella was brighter!

• Funny Funny x 1